Job Type :
Tuesday, 18 April 2017
Prepares financial information, reviews and enters accounting data including journal entries, and performs account and system reconciliations; analyzes financial data and audits reportable revenue of businesses. Prepares and posts financial data to financial systems and major revenue subsystems according to generally accepted accounting procedures. Interprets and enforces ordinances as they relate to accounting and finance. Independently carries out special projects and technical research. Provides administrative and logistical support to accounting and finance staff. Maintains accounting records; understands and applies record retention policies. Provides high quality support and service to internal departments and the public.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
* Provides accurate and timely accounting services to departments and the public including the enforcement of taxation and licensing ordinances, and accounts payable services.
* Reconciles bank accounts and various subsystems to the general ledger and other financial records. Performs daily, monthly, and annual approval, proofing and closing processes on financial accounting system.
* Analyzes financial and tax data to ensure its accuracy and consistency. Provides analytical review of the work of others, including adjustments; performs desk audits to determine reporting discrepancies; and performs spreadsheet analysis.
* Reviews and enters accounting data to the general ledger, revenue subsystems, accounts payable system, and other subsidiary ledgers and accounting systems.
* Identifies and resolves billing, collection, payment and refunding issues and problem solves with customers. Gathers data from various systems and resources and coordinates efforts for resolution.
* Provides administrative support to the Accounting Manager, Finance Officer and Finance Department staff
* Prepares monthly reports, maintains statistical information and provides analysis for management review.
* Manages accounting records. Coordinates archiving of accounting records.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
*One year college vocational courses in accounting, business or related area.
*Two years of responsible bookkeeping/accounting experience.
*Strong knowledge of computerized accounting systems required.
*High proficiency in using Microsoft Office including WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT
*Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles, governmental accounting and contract procedures preferred.
*Keyboarding skills and ability to type a minimum of 45 wpm NET.
*Accurate ten-key skills of 160 wpm NET.
*A combination of experience and education which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential function of the job will be considered.
If you are interested in this position you will need to create an account at manpowerjobs.com and upload an resume after you have applied. Please do not call unless you have completed your account and uploaded your resume.
If you already have an account please upload a current resume and then contact our office at 360-671-1977 to get your interview set up.
Manpower - Bellingham/Mountain West