Decatur - Adams County
Job Type :
Tuesday, 28 March 2017
Direct hire opportunity available in Decatur, IN. Email updated resume for consideration.
* Responsible for plant staffing including recruitment, screening, testing, coordination of interview process with hiring manager.
* Processes all new hire information including post-offer background check and drug screening, verify direct deposit & I-9 information, and notify state agencies of new hire.
* Explain benefit programs and enrollment procedures to employees and send benefit enrollment, change or termination forms to insurance agency.
* Monitor and track employee status (position, pay, promotions), training, certifications, etc.
* Preparation and/or review of written disciplinary actions prior to discussion with employee.
* Track all attendance including absences, tardy, vacation, disability, family medical leave, workers comp leave, etc. Notify employees of leave designated as FMLA. Prepare counseling forms for employees who abuse policy.
* Coordinates with Payroll for inquiries for employee information for wage garnishments, child support orders, etc.
* Coordinate employee relations for plant dinners, employee gifts, recognition programs, etc.
* Administer all workers comp claims accident investigation including cause and prevention, file claim with worker s comp carrier, ongoing management of claim.
* Conducts new hire safety orientation.
* Daily walk thru of facilities to ensure safety compliance.
* Conduct and track employee safety and OSHA training .
* Schedule initial and renewal certification training for CPR, First Aid, AED.
* Monitor employee medical testing.
* Maintain OSHA records.
* Develop program for weekly safety meetings, i.E. Source topics, materials.
* Orders PPE and maintains cost control measures.
* Coordinate on site safety vendors and track costs (fire extinguishers, first aid kits).
* Coordinate workers comp return to work program.
* College degree in human resources, industrial hygiene, risk management or a related field or equivalent experience.
* Five (5+) years of related experience in the construction industry or manufacturing.
* Must demonstrate a practical knowledge of OSHA, EPA and State/ Federal law as it pertains to Human Resources, Safety and Environmental issues.