Job Type :
Friday, 17 February 2017
Senior Pipeline Mechanical Engineer
With over 60 years of experience in the Alberta marketplace, Manpower specializes in matching great talent with great companies. In tandem with our client, a North American Oil & Gas leader, Manpower is seeking a Senior Pipeline Mechanical Engineer, to fulfill a long-term contract in Calgary.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
* Designing or providing design oversight of the pipeline routing, pipe mechanical properties, and ancillary equipment required
* Assisting the Project Development group in establishing the engineering design scope of project & DBM
* Providing oversight on discipline specific design (sometimes at ESP office) quality & progress
* Reporting issues of concern back to Lead Oversight Engineer
* Facilitating the necessary engineering information needed by Project Manager to submit regulatory applications
* Assisting in the procurement process; reviewing equipment spec sheets, technical bid reviews shop visits and inspections
* Monitoring discipline specific deliverable quality and schedule
* Monitoring ESP's adherence to their quality program
* Optimizing the design through Value Improving Practices; process simplification, design to capacity, value engineering and RAM studies (Reliability, Availability & Maintainability)
* Participating in HAZOP and other Hazard reviews
* Liaising with other functional Business Unit departments; Operations, SCADA, Regulatory, Environmental, Process Safety, Health & Safety, Lands, Stakeholder Relations, Measurement & Allocations and Communications
* Performing engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment
* Overseeing installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of such equipment as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems
Successful candidates require:
* BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
* 7 - 10 years engineering experience in a related field
Please apply online and / or create and manage your profile at www.manpower.ca. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com or contact us at 403.269.6936 and ask for Melissa.
Manpower would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the number of individuals applying to positions at Manpower, only successful applicants will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future opportunities.
To learn more about the changing world of work, please visit our website at www.manpowerab.com, follow us on Twitter @ManpowerAB, and like Manpower Alberta on Facebook.