Job Type :
Monday, 27 March 2017
Project Manager (Intermediate - Senior)
With over 55 years of experience in the Alberta marketplace, Manpower specializes in matching great talent with great companies. In tandem with our client, a leader in the petrochemical industry, Manpower is seeking a Project Manager, to fulfill a contract in Joffre, Alberta.
In this role, you will work within a team environment to develop project deliverables and provide support to Sustaining Capital Projects from concept to completion.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Being accountable for the successful completion of building/infrastructure projects ranging in value from $5.0 M up to $20.0M+; including building projects that require modifications/additions to existing buildings up to commercial/industrial site development in greenfield and/or brownfield situations
* Developing concepts, strategies, tactics, as well as negotiate contracts of various nature; EPC/ EPCM
* Leading external EP firms in the completion of Problem Investigation; Feasibility Studies; Conceptual, Preliminary, and Detailed Engineering/Design stages; Construction; Commissioning; and Project Close Out activities
* Providing Project Management leadership that encompasses the entire project lifecycle ensuring all projects achieve exceptional RC, Quality, Schedule and Cost performance
* Establishing project plans for each project in the areas of Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Document Control, Project Controls, Close out, Maintenance and other impacted areas
* Managing a portfolio of projects with up to 10 active projects in varying degrees of completion
* Ensuring adherence to the Project Development and Implementation (PDI) process when executing projects
* Implementing Value Improvement Practices throughout the project lifecycle
Successful candidates require:
* Engineering degree or technical diploma
* 15 to 20+ years' practical experience related to building infrastructure projects
* Project Management Professional (PMP) designation would be considered a strong asset
* Excellent Communication skills
* Previous experience with EP, EPCM, and EPC contracts in project execution
* Knowledge of, and experience with, industry standards and regulations; National and Provincial Building Codes
* Demonstrated commitment to Responsible Care; Safety, Health, Environment and Risk
* Demonstrated decision making, problem solving, conflict management, interpersonal, and communication skills
* Working knowledge and application of project management principles and concepts
* Proficiencies in MS Office Suite (Excel, Project and Outlook) and SAP
* Industrial Plant engineering experience would be considered an asset
* Familiarity with Chemicals Loss Prevention Standards (LPS) and Engineering Standards would be considered an asset
Please apply online and / or create and manage your profile at www.manpower.ca. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com or contact us at 403.269.6936 and ask for Melissa.
Manpower would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the number of individuals applying to positions at Manpower, only successful applicants will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future opportunities.
To learn more about the changing world of work, please visit our website at www.manpowerab.com, follow us on Twitter @ManpowerAB, and like Manpower Alberta on Facebook.