Job Type :
Tuesday, 28 March 2017
Our client, located in Kanata is looking for a Maintenance Technician (Contract)
As a Maintenance Technician; you will provide electrical and mechanical support for the assigned buildings. This role has responsibilities which include maintaining the HVAC system and controls, mechanical system troubleshooting, preventive maintenance Technician must be able to perform the repair, maintenance, restoration and replacement of various components of the physical of buildings.
* Completes special tasks that include but are not limited to; painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests and general maintenance as assigned
* Maintain and repair locks, locking mechanisms ,doors and controllers.
* Maintain and complete documentation for fire extinguishers, fire suppression systems, building alarm contacts and other building systems.
* Maintain and repair plumbing components including toilets, urinals, lavatories, flush valves, water fountains, sinks, drains, water heaters, piping, and sump pumps.
* Prepare, prime and paint building interior and exterior surfaces.
* Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment
* General interior maintenance- hang pictures, install keyboard trays, repair office furniture systems
* Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
* Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations
* Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
* Respond effectively to all emergencies
* Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of the Maintenance Technician role
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum of one (3) year of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical
* Working knowledge of HVAC, building automation, system controls and fire alarm systems.
* Completion of an applicable technical training program is desirable
* Security training or certificate applicable in Ontario
* Proficient computer skills and experience working with computerized maintenance software.
* Must have general knowledge of industry maintenance and repair practices.
* Ability to work independently and plan work without direct supervision
* Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. and use ladders up to 26 inches.
* Electrical and mechanical aptitude is a must
* Knowledge of office furniture systems
* Team player, strong work ethic, great interpersonal skills, and strong communication skills (both oral and written)
$16.00 per hour. This is a 1 month contract with possible extension.