Job Type :
Wednesday, 08 February 2017
Government Payroll Professional
With over 55 years of experience in the Alberta marketplace, Manpower specializes in matching great talent with great companies in the Calgary. In tandem with our client, a government organization, Manpower is seeking a Government Payroll Professional, to fulfill a temporary 2 month contract, with potential for extension to January 2018, in Calgary.
Candidates must be available for an immediate start for this role.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
* Determining and implementing, compensation entitlements, deductions, and changes to employee status
* Accurately inputting employee information and data in the pay and human resource systems, and other internal databases
* Validating data output through verification, cross verification and reports to ensure accuracy
* Distributing information to insurance companies, health care providers, and Union
* Considering and determining impacts on Pay, Pensions, and Taxation; communicating to employees and management and implementing
* Processing all overtime transactions
* Inputting positive time into pay system to generate pay for employees, when required
* Running queries from pay system on behalf of the compensation team and troubleshooting pay issues
* Conducting leave audits
* Conducting audit of employee pay accounts to determine if employees have been under or overpaid and take corrective action to address these matters as required
Successful candidates require:
* Government of Canada Reliability Security Clearance
* 2+ years' experience inputting information into automated payroll systems
* Experience using HRIS and Regional Pay System
* Experience using PeopleSoft Human Resource System; my GCHR
* Experience using the Oracle Based Phoenix pay system
* Knowledge of Government of Canada's staffing action processes and Records Management Systems
* Experience reviewing pay files and verifying information
* Experience interpreting collective agreements
* Advanced Knowledge of Excel; must have experience creating reports in MS Excel
* High Attention to detail
Please apply online and / or create and manage your profile at www.manpower.ca. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 403.269.6936 and ask for our Office Team.
Manpower would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the number of individuals applying to positions at Manpower, only successful applicants will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future opportunities.